ST. CHARLES, Mo. – Military and tactical gear and apparel company Propper International turns 50 this year. And it’s proudly touting its production lines over the years.
Started in 1967 by William S. Propper, the company’s first contract was making the iconic white Dixie Cup hats for the U.S. Navy. Over the next five decades, Propper grew to become the largest supplier of military BDUs and ACUs. Some of Propper’s many achievements over the years include:
- Over 120 million garments produced for the U.S. military
- Over 30 million military personnel have worn Propper garments
- Over 8.1 million tops (combat shirts, ACU coats, jackets) to the US military
- Over 11.8 million trousers to the U.S. military since 2001
- Over 1.5 million gloves to the U.S. military since 1999
- Nearly 1 million ABUs and RABUs to the U.S. Air Force
- Over 1.4 million coveralls to U.S. military since 1998
- Over 260,000 Marine Corp ILBE Systems since 2003
- Over 260,000 USMC 3S 3-season sleep systems since 2009
- Over 1.2 million MOLLE bags, pouches, and accessories
- Over 1 million Gore-Tex units for Air Force, Army, Marine Corp, and Coast Guard since 2004
- Over 2 million FR sets (starting with the Marine Corp Frog combat shirt) since 2007
- Over 1 million MCCUU sets to the U.S. military since 2004
- Over 500,000 ACUs to the U.S. military since 2005
Building on its success as a military supplier, Propper added a commercial division in 1991 and today has a strong presence in the law enforcement and civilian tactical industries with offerings that include men’s and women’s tactical pants and shirts, jackets, boots, everyday carry bags, backpacks and a full selection of NIJ-rated concealed and tactical body armor, including the 4PV 4-panel vest line.
To honor the company’s strong history and its commitment to build upon that heritage, Propper is celebrating all year long with promotions and special events throughout 2017, starting with the launch of a redesigned website (propper.com).
Propper began making tactical gear with its first U.S. Navy contract in 1967. Today, Propper designs and manufactures tactical clothing and gear for the military, law enforcement, and public safety professionals.