LADERA RANCH, Calif. – Off-grid power is a critical consideration for any prepared family. One company that already offers several solutions in the portable solar generator category took the next logical step of not only creating a new portable wind generator, but the company designed it to work with its existing solar generators too.
Always Empowered, a California-based company, last week released its new SG1T Solar Generator Turbine Kit which is an all-inclusive wind-based power generator that is an easy-to-assemble, off-grid electricity provider capable of more than 500 watts.
The new system comes in a self-contained case that is also EMP protected.
“Along with solar, wind is an excellent method for generating power because even with a little bit of wind during the day or night, you can start producing energy through our turbine. The SG1T uses the highest quality turbine that’s extremely efficient so it can crank out power even when wind speeds are low,” said Joey D’Angelo, founder and president of Always Empowered. “We’re confident users will see the value of having the SG1T system as a supplement to our SG series of solar products. We feel you can never be over-prepared with power because it is going to be on the top three essential elements needed after any disastrous event.”
The SG1T includes a heavy duty turbine generator, collapsible 18-foot self-anchored tower, a pre-wired wind controller, a pre-wired dump load, and all the necessary hardware for easy set-up.
The turbine contained with the system utilizes a 47-inch diameter rotor to produce varying amounts of power at different wind speeds, which can output up to 550 watts at 15 miles per hour.
The SG1T system is designed to be quickly pieced together and erected. Once the turbine is raised and stabilized with the included anchors, the pre-terminated wires link directly to the terminals found on a SG1A, SG2A, SG1L, or SG1ASB Always Empowered solar power generator.
Unlike other systems on the market, the SG1T, along with other Always Empowered generators, are enclosed in an extremely rugged, durable aluminum-shielded Pelican case that can withstand rough handling (drops, shaking, etc.), wet conditions, and other harsh environmental conditions, including electromagnetic surges (EMP) that can easily damage electronic components.
The SG1T features include:
- Expansion port for connectivity to SG series generators
- EMP protection for turbine case with electronics
- All cables and tools necessary for quick deployment
- Waterproof / Floatable casing
- Turbine: 550 Watt 12V DC 47″ Diameter Nylon Rotor (550 watts @ 15 MPH/100 watts @ 6 MPH)
- Wind Controller: 12/24V, 500/1000 Watts
- Dump Load: 12/24V 500 Watt, 1000 Watt max diversion load
- 18-foot Tower: 1.5″ NPT galvanized steel pipe sections @ each 30″ long with couplers
- Stabilizing Hardware: Green 2000 pound capacity self-wenching tie downs
- Ground Anchors: (5) 18″ corkscrew-type ground anchors & (4) drive-rod type single use ground anchors
- Packing:(2) Green Pelican Storm im2975 cases with laser water-cut foam
- Turbine Case: 65 LBS
- Tower Case: 100 LBS
The SG1T is now available at the Always Empowered website, alwaysempowered.com, for a suggested retail price of $3,299.95.