With the launch of his new chest rig, Max Velocity, the tactical trainer and author of the “Patriot” book series, has added “new and improved” to his wearable tactical gear product line.
Called the 556 Patrol Rig, it is designed to allow the wearers to carry six 5.56 (.223) magazines in easily accessible pouches.
Designs have changed from his original VERSA Mk II rigs by using kydex retention inserts in the magazine pouches to give magazine retention and allow for fast reloads.
“We moved away from pull-tabs on magazine pouches,” says Velocity on his website. “We believe that you need a rig that is also quick and easy to reload and bump mags, or as part of a tactical reload, returning the partial mag to the rig. In order to do so, quickly, without a lot of fuss, you need to drop the pull-tabs. They do nothing but get in the way, usually forcing you to reload with two hands.”
The rigs are made of 1000D cordura and come in multicam and coyote brown. The multicam rig sells for $175, while the coyote brown rig sells for $165.
Velocity’s original chest rigs, the VERSA Mk II are still available and sell for $210 in multicam and $200 in coyote brown. It fits 5.56 caliber magazines and .308 calibers magazines. These models also come with kydex inserts now.
Sold separately are the Max Velocity Tactical “administrative” pouches in small and medium sizes, which attach to the MOLLE front on the 556 Patrol Rig.
Both pouches utilize a ‘tuck tab’ method with no velcro for silent opening and closing. The pouches come in multicam and coyote brown colors and retail for $27.
These products are available at the Max Velocity Tactical store.
Fans of the MVT Shield, which camouflages users from thermal imaging and was Velocity’s first product, should expect to see a new version for sale soon. Though no launch date has been announced, Velocity expects to sell the shield for $185 plus shipping.
Max Velocity is a tactical, self-defense trainer, and author providing instruction and advice for those preparing for disaster survival and societal collapse situations.
MVT Training Schedule 2016/17
Max Velocity Tactical also released its training schedule for 2016 and winter 2017. To book a class, or to learn more, click here or the links below.
- July 14 – 17: Combat Patrol – Full
- July 28 – Aug 02: Private Booking – This class is in the Ozarks, Missouri.Velocity will post separately because there may be up to 4 spaces available on this class.
- July 30 – 31: Combat Rifle Skills – Available
- Aug. 11: Rifle Skills – Available
- Aug. 12 – 14: Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Aug. 20 – 21: Active Shooter CCW – Available
- Sept. 3 – 4: Combat Rifle Skills – Available
- Sept. 15: Rifle Skills – Available
- Sept. 16 – 18: Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Sept. 16: Night Firing – Available
- Oct. 1 – 2: Force on Force Team Tactics – Available
- Oct. 13 – 16: Combat Patrol – Available
- Oct. 27: Rifle Skills – Available
- Oct. 28 – 30: Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Oct. 28: Night Firing – Available
- Nov. 5 – 6: Combat Rifle Skills – Available
- Nov. 12 -13: Force on Force Team Tactics – Available
- Nov. 17: Rifle Skills – Available
- Nov. 18 – 20: Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Nov. 18: Night Firing – Available
- Dec. 3 – 4: Active Shooter CCW – Available
- Dec. 8: Rifle Skills – Available
- Dec. 9 – 11: Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Dec. 9: Night Firing – Available
- Feb 17 – 20: Texas 4 Day Combat Team Tactics – Available
- Feb 22 – 26: Texas 5 Day Combat Team Tactics/Mobility – Available
- Feb 28 – Mar 3: Texas 4 Day Combat Patrol – Available
- Mar 4 – 5: Texas 2 Day CQB / FoF Team Tactics – Available