MALABAR, Fla. – A new tool is now available that may be perfect for helping prepared individuals evaluate or organize their own neighborhood, or learn their own operational security issues. With HomeTownLocator.com , what Google has done for map detail, this site has done for neighborhood demographic detail.
Using the website, viewers can zoom in on any specific address or location and see an amazing level of detail that is highly accurate and current. The website’s developers use a number of resources including Census Block Group, which is the smallest geographical unit used by the Census Bureau for reporting certain types of data, “generally defined to contain between 600 and 3,000 people,” according to the US Census Bureau.
The data is freshly updated including current demographic updates along with forecasts for 2021 that were released this month.
HomeTownLocator.com includes several tools to offer perspective and answer different types of questions.
Compare Different Places
- State, city, county, ZIP Code, or neighborhood can be compared by population, population density, racial and ethnic diversity, or average household income.
- (Simply use either: The “demographic data comparison tool” for state comparisons, or the “selected city, town, county or ZIP code data tool” for national rankings, or state-specific tools for within state comparisons. The Florida census data comparison tool is one example.
Housing in Any Location
- Determine how many housing units are there in a city, town, ZIP Code or census block group; how many are owner occupied, renter occupied or vacant; and, what are the average home values and median home values in these same geographic subunits.
- The “Data & Demographics” section offers 29,296 community profiles including every incorporated city, town, village or Census Designated Place within the U.S.
Political Subdivisions in Any Location
- Viewers can also find what city, town, village, township, county and congressional district they live in, and what public schools serve that area.
- Users also get a customized searchable map and a customized directory that are based on the geographic coordinates for the address.
How is Your Neighborhood Changing?
Users can find many data points including, population density, racial and ethnic diversity, average household income, the number of housing units, how many are owner occupied or rented, and what is the average home value.
A skilled Internet researcher could answer these types of questions in time. But with the tools available on HomeTownLocator.com, anyone can answer these questions with a minimum of time, and effort.
About HomeTownLocator.com: HTL, Inc., is a series of 50 state gazetteers with boundary maps, current demographic data, local area photos, business directories, school districts and boundaries for 99,861 locations including all incorporated cities, town, villages, counties, census designated places, ZIP Codes and other populated places. The site uses authoritative sources for all information and is updated on a continuous basis. Since 2005, the site has served over 458 million pages of local information. In addition to its use as an online resource, the site is referenced or cited in 2,000 written documents and reports and including over 200 references by local, state and federal agencies and departments.