WASHINGTON, D.C. – With the launch of National Preparedness Month, many prudent families are taking the opportunity to create or refine their emergency plans. Unfortunately, the process can be stressful because there are hundreds of websites offering good advice and quality gear.
So to help out, PBN decided to save our readers time by assembling the only list of preparedness experts and retailers that are actively supporting National Preparedness Month with simple, relevant advice and discounted products.
Now, instead of ruining an entire weekend scouring the Internet searching for helpful information and affordable gear, our list will save you time and money by connecting you to the best experts and the best retailers offering discounts.
- The American Preppers Network features a wonderful piece on survival medicine by the renowned experts from DoomandBloom.net.
- Commander Zero discusses all kinds of subjects, but we love the fact the our favorite holiday – Paratus Day – falls on Sept. 16, just as we arrive for the Gateway Prepper Expo in St. Louis. Anyway, the Commander has the complete guide to Paratus Day…the day we get to wear our camouflage, and look stylish.
- Graywolf Survival offers tips for packing and distributing the family’s bug out gear.
- M.D. Creekmore of the SurvivalistBlog.net discusses seed storage.
- Pure Living for Life always offers a host of great advice based on their daily personal experiences in homesteading. Today, they feature tips on firewood storage.
- RealWorldSurvivor.com offers key, easy-to-understand tips for natural disasters. Be sure to check out the homepage for more detailed pieces on specific natural disaster survival tips.
- This month The Survival Mom and author Daisy Luther are launching a 10-week online prepper intensive called Prepper University. Orientation and classes begin Sept. 11. Classes are scheduled twice a week. Features include interaction with experts like Jim Cobb; personal attention from Lisa Bedford (The Survival Mom) and Luther; to-do lists; action items and prizes. Cost: $169.
- Survival Weekly offers home security tips for people living alone.
- Brushy Mountain Bee Farm has a sale all month long on many products including soap making supplies.
- Speaking of bees, Dadant & Sons offers free shipping on its bee keeping supplies.
- Auguson Farms is celebrating the month by offering up to 40 percent off on freeze dried cans and entrée buckets for your food storage supply.
- If you want to buy your food already prepared, Buy Emergency Foods has a 10 percent discount running now.
- Not to be outdone, Emergency Essentials offers up to 65 percent off its prepared storage food for National Preparedness Month.
- Mountain House offers a mail-in rebate on all its food storage. After discovering that it food stores for 30 years, we guarantee the food will last longer than the rebate.
- Earlier this year, PBN reported that The Ready Store was named the nation’s top food storage company. Keeping its friendly consumer reputation alive, the company not only offers a discount of up to 75 percent for Labor Day, it has an additional unique deal for National Preparedness Month. Every day in September, The Ready Store will offer shoppers discounts on eight food products every day. Pretty cool.
- 1800prepare.com has nice price cuts on first aid kits.
- *Update* Always Empowered is offering 10 percent discounts on their tactical solar generators in honor of National Preparedness Month.
- Our friends at Camping Survival have a great contest. Enter and win up to $300 worth of gear and supplies.
- Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center shoppers can save up to 40 percent on various supplies.
- Privy Paper just lowered its prices on long-lasting, vacuum-sealed toilet paper. Don’t forget that in your preps.
- Self-reliance Outfitters has a 15 percent discount on everything from camp wax to knives and camping and hunting supplies.
- The folks at 5.11 Tactical who live by the motto “Always be Ready” also live by offering great products at competitive prices. Right now save 25 percent on pants, belts, and outerwear.
- Crossbreed Holsters has a 15 percent off and free shipping sale for the Labor Day Weekend.
- Military, LEO, federal, Homeland Security, NATO, government contractos and DOD employees all enjoy a 20 percent discount on products at Virginia Beach’s London Bridge Trading company.
- Australia’s tactical gear company Platatac is offering 60 percent off tactical items.
- Tactical Tailor has a Labor Day sale of 35 percent off it’s branded gear including, but not limited to, vests, pouches, bags, holsters etc.
- Ready Made Resources is celebrating “Preptember” with a rebate on Flir night vision products of up to $350, through Oct. 25.
Now that you’ve narrowed down the list from hundreds of websites to a manageable number. Enjoy your weekend.
Then check out our comprehensive list of training options and survival expos around the nation for phase two of your planning.